Name of Organization
- Panhandle Piecers Quilt Club.
Purpose of Organization
- To instill a love and knowledge of the art of quilting.
- To share this knowledge with our communities and other friends.
How the purpose is to be achieved
- Entertaining and educational programs.
- Projects done within and without the club.
- Community Projects
- Hands on projects that will develop new and perfect old skills.
Qualification for Membership
- Must know how to quilt or show a willingness to learn.
- Must be willing to serve as officers, on committees or any other way to benefit the club.
- Notify the President or Hostess if you cant attend a meeting for unavoidable reasons. If you miss 3 consecutive meetings without notification or a good reason, it will be assumed you have submitted your resignation making room for someone else to take your place. If you have a good reason each time and you are still actively participating in all the club activites, no action will be taken.
- If you vote to participate in a club project and do not fulfill your part, you are subject to organizational review of your membership. We must function as a team and a team is only as strong as its weakest link.
How members are selected
- Names are submitted by members. If a vacancy occurs in the organization, all names on the waiting list will be viewed and discussed by the oranization and then voted on.
How many members in the organization
- $10.00 a year unless voted on by the club to change it.
- Title and description of duties will be given to the officer in a folder upon acceptance of the office.
Length of term of office
- 1 year or agreed upon by the organization for more than one year.
How officers are elected
- A nominating committee is selected by the President to decide upon the new officers. After decisions are made then each person is contacted by the nominating committee to see if they will accept the job. Upon completion of these two objectives, these names are submitted to the organization to be voted on.
Names and duties of standing committees
- Fund raising, assemble as needed.
- Public relations. As needed for Quilt Show, Small Quilt Auction or whatever the club wants to do.
Procedure for creating special committee
- The President will ask for volunteers or appoint members to serve on any committee deemed necessary by the club.
- Regular meetings are held on the last Thursday of every month unless agreed upon by the club for a different day because of conflicting schedules. The meetings begin at 7:00pm, except on the Nov/Dec meeting involving the Christmas meal, which begins at 6:00pm.
- Special meetings may be called by a majority vote of the members.